Bacon and Egg Pie
- 8 ounces plain all purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 4 ounces margarine
- 30 ml cold water, to mix, approximate
8 ounces CTC smoked streaky bacon, rinds
removed and chopped
3 large eggs or 4 medium eggs lightly beaten
pepper to taste
1 pinch mixed herbs & spices to taste (optional)
or egg, to glaze
1. Heat oven to 190ºC, 370ºF, Gas Mark 5.
2. Line a 20 cm (8 inch) ovenproof plate or foil baking dish.
3. Mix flour and salt in bowl, rub in margarine.
4. Using a knife to cut and stir, mix with cold water to form a stiff dough. Dont
over blend as air pockets and lumps of margarine makes the pastry flaky.
5. Turn dough on to a floured surface and knead lightly.
6. Roll flat until twice the size of the pie plate.
7. Divide the pastry into 2, roll out and line the plate.
8. Grill or fry bacon until crisp, do not over fry. Add bacon to the beaten eggs along with the seasoning and
9. Pour mixture onto pastry, dampen edges and cover with the second half of pastry.
10. Seal edges. Make a hole in the centre for steam to escape and brush with beaten egg or milk.
11. Bake for about 35-40 minutes until golden brown.
12. Serve warm or cold.
All links, logos and images used on this web site
are copyrighted © or under
trademarks owned by the manufacturer
and are used by The Celtic Treasure Chest Group of Companies for
information purposes only with the express written permission of the respective