- 1 Cauliflower, chopped
- 2 sprigs of broccoli, chopped
- 2 leeks, chopped
- peas and/or sweet peppers to add colour
- 50g (2oz) grated or sliced cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
Cheesy Bacon Sauce:
- 8 rashers of CTC smoked bacon, chopped
- 30g (1½oz) corn flour
- 75g (3oz) cheddar cheese
- 300ml (10fl.oz) milk
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook the chopped vegetables in a
large pan or steamer for about 4-5 minutes to the point where they are cooked
but still firm and crisp.
2. Meanwhile, in a large solid pan, fry the
chopped bacon in the olive oil and soy sauce until crisp (a few minutes).
3. Lower the heat and stir the corn flour into the bacon. Stirring
continuously, slowly add the milk to the mix to create the bacon sauce. Keep
stirring until the sauce is simmering otherwise it will go lumpy.
the sauce is simmering add the cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
Drain the vegetables, and arrange in a large dish. Pour over the bacon and
6. Add the grated/sliced cheese and top with a little freshly
grated black pepper. Cooking
7. Place the whole dish in a preheated over at
190°C (390°F) or 170°C (370°F) for fan assisted ovens and cook
until the cheese has gone crispy, around 20 minutes.
some colour with red, green, and yellow peppers. Add some peas, add some
tomatoes. Or add some of your favourite veggies.
1 (.25 ounce) package active dry
1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
2 cups bread/pastry
or all purpose flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons white sugar
1. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in
warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
2. In a large bowl,
combine 2 cups bread flour, olive oil, salt, white sugar and the yeast mixture;
stir well to combine. Beat well until a stiff dough has formed. Cover and rise
until doubled in volume, about 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350
degrees F (175 degrees C).
3. Turn dough out onto a well floured surface.
Form dough into a round and roll out into a pizza crust shape.
and sauce then bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 20
©Copyright The Celtic Treasure Chest Group of