Rustic Potato, Leek and Smoked
- 100g butter
- 1 pkg. Neptunes Scottish Smoked Haddock * * *
- 60ml white wine
- 100g smoked CTC Scottish bacon diced 15 mm * * *
- 1 onion peeled and finely chopped
- 4 large leeks harsh green removed, quarter and wash well then slice
- 2 large potatoes peeled and cut into 15mm chunks
- 250ml milk
- 600ml light fish stock or vegetable stock
- 120ml double cream * * *
- 1 tablespoon flat parsley chopped
- Sea salt, white pepper and nutmeg
Place a couple of knobs of butter
on the flesh side of each haddock add a splash of white wine, wrap each haddock
in tin foil and place in a hot oven for five minutes.
Remove from oven and pick the fish clean of all
skin and bone, keep warm and reserve any juices.
Melt the remaining butter then add bacon, onions,
leeks and potatoes and sweat over a low heat for 1015 minutes.
Add milk and stock and cook for a further 15
minutes. Stir in the cream and any reserved juices from the fish, bring back to
the boil. The potatoes should be cooked by this stage.
Add flaked haddock and chopped parsley and season
with pepper and nutmeg.
You may only need a little salt as the haddock can
be quite salty.
This recipe was originally by George McIvor of The
North East of Scotland Fisheries Development Partnership.
* * * available at The Celtic Treasure
The Celtic Treasure
Group of Companies